2020 Military Pay Charts
2020 US military pay scale charts for all ranks for active duty, as well as Reserve and Guard components. All charts are made with pictures so you can save them on your PC or iPhone.
On cell phones please zoom to see all numbers.
2020 Military Pay Scale with 3.1% Increase
Military Pay Scale Notes
- Basic pay is limited to the rate of basic pay for level II of the Executive Schedule in effect during calendar year 2020, which is $16,441.80 per month for officers at pay grades O-7 through O-10. This includes officers serving as Chairman or Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Chief of Staff of the Army, Chief of Naval Operations, Chief of Staff of the Air Force, Commandant of the Marine Corps, Commandant of the Coast Guard, Chief of the National Guard Bureau, or commander of a unified or specified combatant command (as defined in 10 U.S.C. 161(c)).
- Basic pay for O-6 and below is limited by Level V of the Executive Schedule in effect during Calendar Year 2020 which is: $13,341.60.
- Creditable service to be taken into account for purposes of this table is active service as an enlisted member or as a warrant officer or as both an enlisted member and a warrant officer, in the case of a commissioned officer on active duty who is paid from funds appropriated for active-duty personnel; or a commissioned officer on active Guard and Reserve duty. Effective November 24, 2003, creditable service to be taken into account for purposes of this table in the case of a commissioned officer is service as an enlisted member or as a warrant officer, or as both an enlisted member and a warrant officer, for which more than 1,460 points have been credited to the officer for the purposes of title 10, U.S.C. § 12732(a)(2). a commissioned officer on active Guard and Reserve duty.
- For the Sergeant Major of the Army Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy, Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force, or Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps,or Senior Enlisted Advisor of the JCS, basic pay for 2020 is: $8,844.30.
- Applies to personnel who have served 4 months or more on active duty.
- Applies to personnel who have served less than 4 months on active duty.
E pay scale is Enlisted, W scale is Warrant Officer, O scale is Commissioned Officer.
Basic pay is determined by multiplying the projected average number of personnel by grade and the estimated average annual rate, including length of service increments, for each grade.
The military pay charts are for all U.S. Armed Forces personnel Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, and Reserves forces where applicable.