California Intercontinental University
California Intercontinental University is a private for-profit university based in Diamond Bar, California. It was incorporated in 2003 as the California University of Technology and started its operation in West Covina. Dr. Michael Zullo, Dr. Richard Allen, and Larry Golda were the founding members under the leadership of Dr. Shaan Senthil Kumar.
The participation of Dr. Kumar in the university’s establishment directly links the university to EdNET which was an Education Network composed of more than 150 education, training, and certification centers worldwide that was founded in 1996. Dr. Kumar converted some of the EdNET centers into QSoft training centers in 2001 to provide specialized Microsoft.NET training solutions including e-commerce, networking, internet security, and web application programming. QSoft was renamed iUniversity and eventually became the California University of Technology which functioned as a Distance Education and Learning university. It adopted its present name in 2009 but retained its trade name “CalUniversity.”
Academic programs of California Intercontinental University are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC). Programs of CalUniversity include the following.
- MBA – International Management and Marketing
- MBA – Healthcare Management and Leadership
- MBA – Information Systems and Knowledge Management
- MBA – Project Quality and Management
- MBA – Organizational Development and Human Resource Management
- MBA – Banking and Finance
- Doctorate in Entrepreneurship and Business Management
- Doctorate in Global Business and Leadership
- Doctorate in Healthcare Management and Leadership
- Doctorate in Information Systems and Enterprise Resource Management
- Tuition Bachelor Tuition per Credit – $245.00
- Master Tuition per Credit – $295.00
- Doctorate Tuition per Credit – $345.00
- Dual Degree Tuition per Credit – $295.00
Members of the US Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and the Navy can pursue educational goals at California Intercontinental University while serving the country.
Eligible military students include Active-Duty Army personnel, Army reserves in AD status, Active-Duty Coast Guard, selective reserve Coast Guard, Coast Guard civilian employees, active-duty and reserve Air Force personnel, active-duty Marine Corps and active-duty and naval reserves in AD status. CalUniversity also offers affordable interest-free payment plans to qualified students. Students can avail of traditional financial aid options by meeting specific requirements specifically for federal financial aid such as grants, loans, work-study, and scholarships.
California Intercontinental University is not a member of any athletic conference.